November 23, 2013

Blessedness of Being a Thankful Soul

It is that time of year again when on the fourth Thursday in November citizens of the USA celebrate Thanksgiving day. It matters not whether you are an American or whether you participate in the traditional festivities of the holiday. What matters most lies in the blessedness of being a thankful soul - learning The Secret of Saying Thanks.

In the spirit of giving thanks, every day, I share the blessing of one of my life lessons with you and I trust you shall accept the gift of its telling and share it with a grateful heart ... Click on the six words to follow.

Thanksgiving is all about the Peaches!


After reading my mom's giving thanks story, shared in her peach pie recipe, I urge you to give pause in giving thanks and publish a thankful writing or blog post of your own. When you do so, you are more than welcome to share the link to your story on the Giving Thanks Link-Up List at the end of this article.

This article is linked up with Six Word Saturday, a blog hop where we share the thoughts of our day in a 6-word sentence or phrase, with or without explanation.



20 comments:

  1. That's a lovely thought, Ruthi! Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Ruth!!! I may write a story about the time when I was young, 19 ??, and because of my work could I not go home for Thanksgiving.

    A girl who was my friend let me stay in her rented room above a downtown bar because my rented room was away from the action, also she had a TV. Plus I almost had a 'crush' on her; I don't know if that was mutual. (Now with all this, why write a post?)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jim, go ahead and write and share the story, in full detail!

      Delete
    2. We stayed friends as long as I lived in her town. I have not seen or been in contact with her since. Getting married just before leaving town (into the U.S. Army) may have affected this. For sure she isn't on Facebook, I looked there.
      ..

      Delete
    3. I have looked on Facebook for a few good friends in my past and cannot find them either. I think with females it is difficult due to name changing with marriage.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to count my blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Ann, I am delighted to have inspired you to publish your own gratitude post and add it to the link list! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

      Delete
  6. nicely done- but where is the peach pie recipe...did I miss it somewhere?Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, Kathe. I have now clearly stated that the 6-words are linked to the recipe,

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good!
    I would love to read the book.
    In fact, it sounds like one that everyone should read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, exactly my thoughts when I ran across the book, I plan on reading it for sure, Marsha, adding it to my list of books to purchase.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!