November 22, 2011

Week of Giving Thanks

TODAY: I give thanks for today ... I give thanks for each sunrise being the blessing of a fresh start in the race of life and for each sunset holding the promise of sweet dreams to be fulfilled ... tomorrow.

WORK: Job-related, my schedule slimmed down to 3 days off, leaving me more time to concentrate on making money with my creative endeavors, online and offline. And, since I won't be working early Sunday mornings, I'll now be able to attend Church services on Saturday evenings. Looking forward to attending the healing and recovery service offered at a local church--invited by a regular customer from work, who is pastor of the church.

HOUSEMATE: Grateful to Scott for all he does to encourage and support me in all that I do. He's a great friend, one whom I give thanks for every day. He has taught me so much about friendship and compassion for others.

FAMILY: My cousin Marsha and her husband, Larry, were thinking of me and how I would be spending my Thanksgiving this year since my Aunt Martha Bell (Marsha's mom) passed away. They stopped by my job to visit me to let me know I was on their mind. How kind!

WEATHER: Still no first snow! There's an autumn chill in the air, as well as a few raindrops falling, but no white stuff is sweet sunshine to me!

LOVE: I am thankful for the gift of loving and being loved. Thankful even for lost loves of my life, for without the love each shared with me a different person I might be.

SLEEP: Insomnia attacks allowed me extra time for creativity this past week. But, a good night of sleep last night has me energized for a day of productivity, too. Dreams being fulfilled with or without sleep!


Day 16 through Day 22


3 comments:

  1. Ruth- Hi, I wanted to stop by your blog first to say thank you for stopping by and becoming a follower of my blog.
    I am trying to get around and read everyone's Giving Thanks Challenge pages... it has been nice to see people writing about Thankfulness and not so much about problems and the way they bring us down.
    I think they only bring us down if we let, and one way NOT to let it bring you down is by being Thankful!

    I have to nurture that thankfulness in me and ask for help from the LORD most days! ha!
    kind of funny, I know having to ask Him to help me THANK Him...I just thought how that sounds... but I'm sure you get it.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get some time off from your job to rest. I tend to suffer a little bit from insomnia too...makes the days hard!

    nice to meet you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving my friend! You sure do have a great deal of 'thanks' this week! Sorry about the work hour cut backs.... not a great way to enter the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie-

    I've awarded you the Liebster award for your blog. You can visit...

    http://corninmycoffee-pot.blogspot.com/2011/11/lets-see.html

    for details. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!