October 9, 2014

Hugs and Smiles Time Travel Thursday

Ruthi and Billy Airport Hugs
My dear friend Karen gave me a much-needed cyber hug today. This gave my mind reason to travel back in time for other special hugs. Pictures in my mind becoming not enough, I began a search through old photos and found many such hugs and smiles.

Talk about time travel! I found these mother and child photos of my son and me, taken fifteen years ago. The year was 1999, the first official Cox family reunion.

Ruthi and Billy Airport Smiles
My son, Billy, flew from south Florida to central Ohio for this family gathering. Upon his arrival at the airport I received a much-needed hug from my son. 

Oh, how quickly a loving embrace can put a smile upon a face!

What a reminder on this Thursday in 2014 to never doubt the power of a hug, whether in person or across the miles. Both ensure much-needed smiles.


View at Amazon


Should you wish to learn more about the power of embracing others, read the book Reflections of Amma, about a global mother known world-wide as the "Hugging Saint."


Time Travel Thursday

Those of you would like to share your own time travel story on the topic of Hugs and Smiles this week, write it in a blog post, then add the link to your post here for me and the readers of abitosunshine to enjoy.



Since this is a blog hop, please grab the Time Travel Thursday image, add it to your post and link to this post here at abitosunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!