November 15, 2011

I Give Thanks for the WWW and for the Child Within

Earlier today, I began searching online for posters on the topic of traditional poetry. From website to website I searched. I found quite a few that applied. More importantly, I was once again reminded to enjoy the journey moreso than the destination.

My topic search landed me on the Child's Heart poster by Peter Frederick. Upon further investigation, I learned the quote on the art print was by one of my favorite authors, Kahlil Gibran.


 


I am ever so thankful for this computer that allows a wide world to be accessed by my fingertips.

And today, I give thanks for childhood memories of people, places, and things; for the knowledge today's world wide web brings.

I give thanks, for I have enjoyed the journey.

The spirit of the child within lives on in the places of the past where I have found joy. And I avow to create more places of enjoyment upon which my soul shall land.