November 15, 2011

I Give Thanks for the WWW and for the Child Within

Earlier today, I began searching online for posters on the topic of traditional poetry. From website to website I searched. I found quite a few that applied. More importantly, I was once again reminded to enjoy the journey moreso than the destination.

My topic search landed me on the Child's Heart poster by Peter Frederick. Upon further investigation, I learned the quote on the art print was by one of my favorite authors, Kahlil Gibran.


 


I am ever so thankful for this computer that allows a wide world to be accessed by my fingertips.

And today, I give thanks for childhood memories of people, places, and things; for the knowledge today's world wide web brings.

I give thanks, for I have enjoyed the journey.

The spirit of the child within lives on in the places of the past where I have found joy. And I avow to create more places of enjoyment upon which my soul shall land.

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture--the tree-house like a memory--the memory like a soul--

    I'm frantically editing, losing track of the WWW, and I thank you for your reminder to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome, Sheila. I know you are thankful for yet another book to be edited for publication... I am thankful with you, as I so enjoy your writing.

    This photo and quote is awesome, indeed... memories do live and their souls visit and revisit us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love that picture.

    thanks for visiting my blog "a little joy for today".

    poutine

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!