January 1, 2013

Happy New Year with the Flu

Yes, I rang out the old year with a flu bug; thus, ringing in the year of 2013 with a Hot Toddy tuned up Cheers!

The weather here this New Year's Day is frightfully cold at just under 30 degrees, with piles of winter white the view through my storm window. Naturally, my plans for this new year's eve and day had to be cancelled but I will enjoy the rest of 2013 once the flu bug has hobbled away.

My blogging aspirations for the new year are to concentrate on quality, not quantity, and in keeping with that goal I plan to do my best to: 1) bring you unique and original content with my blog posts and 2) leave you quality comments on blog posts you share.

These goals have been set by the many things I have learned about writing on the net this past year and most importantly I have learned that the key to knowledge cannot unlock the door unless what is learned is applied (the turning of the key).

I have learned that original content is essential to good blogging. How we share information is much more important than how much information we share. The same applies to our writing of comments on the work of others. Nice post! and Thanks for sharing! mean little; whereas, Great tips regarding quality of content for blogging in the coming year. shows the author you have not just zipped through the article without reading.

Originality and Optimization mean ever so much more to the writer and the reader, assuring that both are on target with the topic.

What did you learn in the past year that you will be applying to your blogging in the new year?

 
2013 Happy New Year Cheers Shot Glass
Created by Ruthi aka abitosunshine
 

Happy New Year blessings and a bit o' sunshine for 2013!



15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Ruth! As a blogger I am so much more excited to read comments that actually give meaning and reaction rather than things that say "I'm just hopping over to be nice lol".... I'd rather have a small blog with real readers than one with thousands of views and no interaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Sharon. I generally find myself disassociating with the "Thanks for sharing." posters.

      Genuine feedback is what makes writers better and I am always striving to imporve the quality of my work.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely. This year my goals include writing for ME, about things I love, rather than for advertisers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, in all probability your writing will be so much more interesting that way, even when it is an ad you are writing.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year xx Hope you are feeling much better soon. My blogging resolutions are to reduce the time spent, to concentrate like yourself on quality rather than quantity which also means more book blogging rather than giveaways etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, Sharon! That means you will be sharing many more wonderful books for me to read! (Like I need more to add to the pile!)

      Delete
  4. Mine is to add more of me to my blog :) I have been reviewing stuff and it seems like I only have time for that so my blog is plug for others. I'm taking it back. It will have reviews, but not JUST reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, V! And I just read your goals for the year on your blog ... wow! You have set some great goals for 2013.

      Delete
  5. I am learning so many new things about blogging. This year I hope to do quite a bit more with my personal and book review blog. This past year I added a facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still learn something new about blogging all the time, Amy, and about all my online activities. Guess that keeps the mind young!

      Delete
  6. I hope you are feeling better--so sorry you are sick! As you know, this past year has been a struggle for me, but with personal and health issues. I have learned that in difficult times, pacing one's self is important. I have also learned that I can use my struggles to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ann, you have had a horrendous year. I, too, need to learn to pace (and organize) myself. I say that every year, ha!

      Delete
  7. I really want to get back to more blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder that I need to focus on BLOG resolutions for the new year too! I'd love to create a list of new goals and see what I can achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. UG...that's how I spent Christmas (well, not technically the flu, but a bronchial infection that knocked me out). Sorry the bug made its way to you

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!