July 22, 2015

Goldenrod Wildflower Wisdom

The goldenrod with its symbolism speaks volumes of wisdom to those spirits who welcome its presence. Whether growing wild in nature or as a wildflower grown in a back yard garden, this golden flower provides nectar for wildlife along with healing properties for mankind.

Needless to say, many consider the goldenrod nothing more than a nuisance weed which aggravates their allergies. For me and my dog, this native US flower is nothing to sneeze at!

My Dog Valentino in Goldenrod Wildflowers
My Dog Valentino in Goldenrod Wildflowers

It seems forever ago that I first saw my dog Valentino romp in the goldenrod growing wild on the Florida Panhandle coastline along the Gulf of Mexico. In fact, it was just last November, shortly after I opened my heart and home to this hound dog from a local animal shelter.

It warmed my spirit to see my dog sniffing the scent of golden beauty in the air. Yes, I captured the moving moment, adding one of my Dog Pawsitive Tidbits in Haiku poem to the picture.


The seed of the goldenrod is prolific and will take up residence just about anywhere, seemingly happy just to be alive to thrive in the sunshine.

Goldenrod Moving Moments


Now, my dog Valentino and I prepare to leave Florida, moving north to Ohio. Oh yes, the sunny yellow goldenrod thrives in the hills of Ohio too. Naturally, I'll do my best to capture moments of my boy roaming the countryside in a field of golden beauty to share with you, my readers and friends.

Despite drastic changes in our landscape, Valentino and I feel we are well protected by our innate adaptability, just as the goldenrod. We will hold on to the symbolism of the goldenrod wildflower and its healing power as we travel northward on our wondrous adventure.

In the meantime, we wish you the same good luck and good fortune we ourselves hope to find. We will return as soon as possible with our poetry and prose, but until we do our advice to you...

Plant seeds of Goldenrod wildflower wisdom of your own!


Disclosure: Ruth Cox is an associate of Amazon and of Zazzle and may earn via purchases made through links in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!