December 11, 2013

Soak Up Sunshine

She let me know she was ready to go for an afternoon stroll so I quickly set my computer to defrag, figuring it could use a clean-up while not in use. Always multi-tasking!

I opened the front door and out we went, my dog Tidbit and I. She sniffed her way to the edge of the front lawn, stopped for a wee tinkle, then pulled me across the street in a frenzy.

To my surprise, Plop! she went to the ground, situating herself just as happy as could be--to just be soaking up a bit o' sunshine!

I snapped a few pictures of her and a few of the trees in the wood-fenced vacant lot. I headed back across the street to the house, glanced around, and sure enough she was quick to follow.

I guess my old girl just needed her daily dose of Vitamin D!

 
Click HERE to enjoy another walk with Tidbit.
 
 
Linking this article up with Abracabadra for Wordless Wednesday!


12 comments:

  1. Love seeing pictures of Tidbit. Mine two were rolling in the snow today. brrrr...
    Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr! indeed, Susan! Tidbit's not too keen on snow, and neither am I.

      Delete
  2. I love tidbit. Tidbit is a smart dog to go outside and plop down in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a smart one, knows that sunshine is good for old bones. I'll be sure to tell Tidbit she has a new fan, Dawn Rae!

      Delete
  3. A little Vitamin D sounds good to me! Cute dog you have there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'd be doing if I had sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tidbit is gorgeous! I am so happy you have such a beautiful friend. and how clever that she needed just a bit o sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tidbit absorbs the light so she can reflect it back out into the world. She is radiant (just like her momma).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been feeling like Tidbit. I need a little sunshine, but its just too cold to be outdoors for long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand exactly how Tidbit feels! I love the warmth of the sun. There are days when it has healing power in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother has a Boston Terrier who begs to go out in the backyard, then goes to her favorite corner between the sun porch and the back wall of the house and lays down in her patch of 'sunshine'. Abbi LOVES to 'sunbathe' like Tidbit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the sun too and miss it...i can understand why your tidbit wanted to plop :)

    thanks for linking up, Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!