December 3, 2013

Public Domain Pictures Worth 100 Cups Of Coffee

How much is my picture in the public domain worth? Time and premium downloads will tell!

I now embark on a new journey online; this time, sharing my images on the PublicDomainPictures.net website. I have been utilizing Public Domain Pictures.net on my blogs, creations, and article writings for well over a decade now. And yes, I have bought a cup of coffee or two for a few of my most-used authors of images.

While I am not a photographer and have only a cell phone camera as my lens, I am confident that someone out there in cyberspace shall enjoy my images of life and the views of which I have been graced. It is time to give back to the community that has given so graciously of their photographic creativity to me.

My first entry to the site, and to the public domain, shares a favorite place just a block away from my home here in Lanark Village of Carrabelle, Florida. Enjoy this sunset view and a few others, too, with more to come from Author Ruth Cox on PublicDomainPictures.net.

 

Of course I have high hopes an image of mine finds its way onto one of the monthly competition winning lists - Anywhere between the $20 to $100 wins would suit me just fine!

Whether a photo of mine wins or not is determined by the number of Premium Downloads by page visitors. Even if my photos do not win the competition dollars, I can still earn a few cents from premium downloads. And yes, somebody just might buy me a cup of coffee!


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo of the Gulf of Mexico. Since I once lived near the Gulf, I enjoy seeing views of this destination I dearly miss. Good luck with your public domain photos. You should do well as you certainly have a photographer's 'eye' for taking outstanding shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Elf, I know you must miss being near the Gulf, it is just lovely living here! Thank you ever so much for the vote of confidence, too. I don't consider myself even remotely near to being a photographer. I just enjoy sharing the beauty I see.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I have never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I am glad I could enlighten you a little on PublicDomainPictures.net.

      Delete
  3. wow what a gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing that about this awesome site

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really neat idea! Ordinary people like you and me sometimes capture the most amazing moments in time! thanks for sharing! Hope you get your cup of coffee - and more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Sharon. We manage to capture nature in our full view. And yes, I hope I do too!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful picture! I love your new endeavor. Now that I know about the website, I will definitely find my way there and possibly buy a few cups of coffee myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an inviting perspective in this photo! What is a premium download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Good question, Charli! Literally, when on the image page, you click the "Premium Download" button. It means you register on the site in order to download images (and you can also then submit your own images). The premium downloads are the way the winning photos in the monthly contests are determined.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!