June 1, 2013

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

Who's the prettiest of them all?
Who knows? They look the same!

Duplicate content dilutes an important message.


 

Those unwilling to click a link
To view or read your work
Do not care about it anyway.


Publish once and share the link!


Put Simply ... Publish a personal opinion piece on a writing forum. Then share the link to the article on social sites or in a blog post, not a duplicated publication of the same story.

This is especially important if you are publishing on a platform which pays for content. It is considered duplicate content (and generally against the Terms Of Service of the site) if the story is posted elsewhere. (This includes Facebook!)

Think about it ... No matter how much you want to support a friend or peer and no matter how much you enjoy their storytelling ... Do you want to read the same old story (over and over again) posted everywhere you visit them?

Would you like to read my latest personal opinion piece about Seth? (And yes, I do earn from your views, likes, and comments on the article.)


Linking up with Six Word Saturday!
 


doublesight dual monitor image @ wpclipart.com

10 comments:

  1. I haven't come across this too much in the social media circles I travel, but I agree that overexposure does weaken the message. Good tip!

    I hope you have a wonderful Saturday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, I know I have been guilty of duplicate content in past years and am now having to run all those duplicate stories down and straighten up my own messy messaging, lol.

      Delete
  2. This is true...and I am kinda guilty. I sometimes post my blog stuff on facebook!

    Happy Saturday!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done it too, Linda! Now I am learning to just post a link to the original content. And that way I don't lose readers who might say to themselves, "Oh, no need to read this. I've read it before!"

      Delete
  3. I try to not overstate. I also really don't like social media, per se. I am often told to share things, because I hold back. I hate to bore or impose. I tend to try to keep it brief. This is why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I am addicted to social media, lol! Of course, I earn income with my writing and products so social networking is a necessity for me. And that, of course, means that I must keep abreast of social courtesies and terms of service.

      Delete
  4. Never really thought about this before. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When I learned about duplicate content it was definitely one of those things that made me say, Hmmm!

      Delete
  5. Hello Ruth,

    It's been a while since my last SWS, I'm happy to be back to visit blogger.

    Well that really interesting, in fact, nowadays is a little complicate to find the balance. Things is that not all the persons that we connect with are present in the different social media we could use. So...for its depends !

    Happy SWS !

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I agree not everyone is in all the social media forums we may be in. That is what makes leaving a link the way to go. For instance ... if you an I only share Facebook, I can post a link to my latest poem as my Facebook status and you can click on the link to read it! That is better than my actually RE-posting the poem on Facebook, thereby in all probability violating the TOS of a writing forum I had posted the poem in originally.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!